Get ready for a ton of fun, truth and marvelous inspiration! In the season one finale of How She Creates, co hosts Caylee Grey and Lauren Hooper bring on their husbands for the final interview to share all the messy, glittery dirt on what living with a creative person is like. The guys share the weirdest things we do in the name of art and how much they actually love looking at our scrapbooks full of family memories…no matter how many thousand photos it took to get the #whereistand shot perfect! They share their creative stories, how they set creative goals, tips for talking to your man about your creative time and how being married to an artist is inspiring, fun and weird. We love them so much and cannot wait for you to meet them and laugh along with us for this episode.
Thank you so much for helping make our first season so incredible. We have loved getting to know all the kind and talented artist we have interviewed and we want to thank YOU for listening! We would love it if you left us a review in iTunes and if you told a friend about our show so we can spread the crafty love all around. Big love, Caylee and Lauren
Episode Takeaways and Artist Actions
- create something!
- The Creative Habit
- Video about handwriting vs typing
- Palamino Blackwing Pencils
- Ep 000 – Introduction
- Ep 001 – Heart with Essie Smith
- Ep 002 – Collage with Katie Licht, and Lauren Caterson
- Ep 003 – Community
- Ep 004 – Lettering with Chance Dufty, Christine Herrin, and Jasmine Jones
- Ep 005 – Depth with Cait Sherwood, and Vanessa Oliver-Lloyd
- Ep 006 – Watercolour with Nina Christensen, Torrie Gass, and Yao Cheng-Moseley
- Ep 007 – Productivity with Nora Conrad, and Pam Llaguno
- Ep 008 – “Inspiration”
- Ep 009 – Art Challenges with Crystal Moody, and Torrie Gass
- Ep 010 – Scrapbooking with Carson Riutta, Emma Wood, and Paige Evans
- Ep 011 – Pocket Documenting with Juli Maniago, Marta Andilla, and Tracy Armstrong
- Ep 012 – Art Therapy with Amy Maricle
- Ep 013 – Travel with Amy Tan, and Lauren Hooper
- Ep 014 – Embroidery with Jennifer Bilton, and Karen Gaunt
- Ep 015 – Art Journaling with Kate Volyanskaya, and Roxanne Coble
- Ep 016 – Teaching with Brandi Kincaid, and Pam Garrison
- Ep 017 – Collaboration with the Zine Squad
- Ep 018 – Artist Cohabitation with T Grey, and Terrell Hooper
T is a run of the mill, boring as they come, Engineer. Through-and-through. He was one even before the degrees and the work made him a real one. He enjoys making subtly sarcastic jokes that his wife has to explain to people and gathering data about his life. He enjoys drawing and is really trying to commit to it more and loves to see his progress. He could not be more in love with his beautiful wife Caylee and reckons his small dog, Griffin, might be the best creature to even be alive.
Terrell Hooper was lured out of his mountain hideaway by his bohemian wife and now they reside in Seoul, South Korea together. He is an incredible pianist but his passion lies in conducting choirs. Currently he spends his days airing out his classroom after the middle school boys choir and teaching middle and high school students how to sing tunes ranging from sacred texts to Kanye. Terrell could mow a farm, build a weaving loom, cook a mean hash brown and perform an African choral piece, all in the same day. Terrell and Lauren are BFFs and he has vowed to traipse the world with her, chasing one weird shenanigan after another.
Caylee is a fairy godmother slash Jedi master to artists. She believes in art and getting it done.
Lauren is a crafter, adventurer and storyteller living in Seoul, South Korea with her husband. Lauren loves street food, taking photos and making things. Lauren believes that you can find adventure in your everyday life and that it should be captured and documented. Lauren is an art journaler, photographer, scrapbooker, laugh enthusiast, designer, artist and DIY dabbler.
Don’t miss out when the second season launches
Stay up to date with new episodes and receive access to all presents from the artists.